HPE Simplivity – Experience a faster technology for a smoother IT Management
Oct 26, 18
Accelerated amplitude of applications and increasing cost of maintaining the traditional Infrastructure, causes a worthy of attention in the IT department of every organization. With Hyper Converged Infrastructure, you can manage your IT operations at a blink of your eye by combining your IT Infrastructure into a single, integrated all-flash solution.
What is Hyper-Converged Infrastructure?
HCI is a software-defined IT infrastructure that virtualizes conventional hardware-defined systems. With HCI, all key datacentre functions run in a tightly integrated software layered environment rather than traditional hardware environment.
Benefits of HCI
- HCI helps in potential cost savings in areas including Data Center, Space, and IT Labor.
- Avoidance of Licensed software such as Backup or Disaster recovery tool.
Workloads for HCI
- Oracle or SQL Server.
- File and Print Services.
- Share Point.
- Virtual Desktop.
- Commercial Package Software like SAP and Oracle.
This is an overview of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure. Now the question many people might come across is, which Product is HCI compatible?
HPE SimpliVity is a Hyper-Converged Infrastructure which bundles capabilities such as Data Deduplication, Compression, Data-Protection, Snapshots, WAN Optimization, and Backup/Data Recovery into a single solution which ensure uninterrupted and smooth workflow of the IT operations.
HPE Simplivity Models
- HPE Simplivity 380 combines HPE ProLiant DL 380 Servers, VMware virtualization software, and HPE management tools to deliver a system that is quick to install, easy to manage and expand. If needed, it quickly increases your system from 2-nodes to 16 by adding more nodes.
- The HPE HC 250 is a compact 2U/4-node virtualized platform of powerful compute and resilient storage managed as one from a single interface and optimized to handle a variety of workloads – from on-demand IT infrastructure to virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI). High availability, data protection, and back-up and recovery capabilities.
- HPE SimpliVity 2600, available on HPE Apollo 2000 servers, is a compact solution optimized for edge and ROBO environments. It also delivers a complete set of advanced functionalities that enables dramatic improvements to the efficiency, management, protection, and performance of virtualized workloads at a fraction of the cost and complexity of today’s traditional infrastructure stack.
Benefits of HPE Simplivity are
- Dedupe, compression, and replication of Primary and Secondary Data, locally and remotely.
- Proven track record of stability.
- Valuable features include ease of use, disaster recovery, and reliability.
- Reliable deduplication and backup function.
- Provides cost-effective DR/Data Protection Solution.
- Fast, effective and easy to use Backup and Recovery.
- Can handle 2 or 3 drive failure.
Investing less time in configuration and Management means that you will have more time to focus on what is important: Your company’s Innovation and rapid commercialization.
2 thoughts on “HPE Simplivity – Experience a faster technology for a smoother IT Management”
interested in shifting my infra to HCI
Wonderful post. Thanks for sharing